This page explains how to move your Xbox Live account—including gamertag, achievements, content, etc.—to another Microsoft account by using your Xbox 360 console.
- This process can only be performed on an Xbox 360 console. It is not currently available on Xbox One.
Conditions that must be met before you can move your Xbox Live profile
Current Microsoft account:
- The current Microsoft account can have an Xbox Live or Xbox Music subscription associated with it, but no other subscription (such as Office 365). Sign in at commerce.microsoft.com to see if this is the case.
- The current Microsoft account has only one billing account associated with it. If you have ever made purchases in more than one country, have subscriptions such as Office 365, or have bought an app through the Windows Store, you may have more than one billing account. Go to commerce.microsoft.com to find out.
- Funds remaining on the current Microsoft account will not move with your gamertag. You can spend the funds and take the related content with you, or you can choose to abandon the funds if the balance is less than $50.00 (or the equivalent in local currency).
- The gamertag has not been moved within the last 30 days. If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since the last time you moved it, you’ll get the error “Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now.”
- The gamertag was not created or changed within the last 30 days. If you try to move a gamertag before 30 days have passed since you created or changed it, you’ll get the error “Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now.”
Target Microsoft account:
- The target account cannot have any of the following associated with it:
- An Xbox Live profile
- A gamertag
- A billing account
- An Office 365 subscription
- OneDrive paid storage
- Any past purchases from the Windows Store
- Any other non-Xbox subscription
Create a new Microsoft account (if needed)
If you don’t already have the Microsoft account that you want to transfer your gamertag to, go to account.live.com and click Sign up now. (If you are signed in to a Microsoft account, you’ll have to sign out first.) Follow the instructions to create a new account.
Move your Xbox profile to another Microsoft account on Xbox 360
If both the current and target Microsoft accounts meet the conditions outlined above, here’s how to move your Xbox profile and gamertag:
- Sign in to your profile on your Xbox 360 console.
- Go to settings and select Account.
- Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.
- Select Change Microsoft account, and then select Yes.
- Enter the password for the Microsoft account that’s currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
- Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
- Select Yes, change to continue.
- Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
Resolve error 8014013, “The Microsoft account you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”
If you get error code 8014013 when you try to move your gamertag to another Microsoft account, the target account already has an Xbox profile and gamertag associated with it. To learn how to remove that Microsoft account, see Error 80154013: “This Microsoft account already has an Xbox membership.”
Note Resolving this issue will require you to use a different Microsoft account than your current Microsoft account, which may require creating a new Microsoft account.
Hope this helps you just like it helped me when I change over my information